Established in 1994, the Unilink group is a global provider of solutions for the criminal justice sector with a holistic offender-centric approach. Unilink is an end-to-end digital transformation partner, with experience in prisons, probation and community corrections, detention, immigration and secure hospitals.
Unilink’s reputation is built on innovation, quality, and service. Our products and services, coupled with our expertise in developing biometrics, provide a complete digital solution to increase efficiency and enhance security. We recognize that each establishment is unique and has different requirements, so our solutions are customizable, modular, flexible, and agile.
We continuously invest and innovate our current and new products, learning from the experiences of over 200+ establishments that use a Unilink product. We are uniquely placed to provide you with the latest technologies enabling you to deliver a better future for those in the criminal justice sector.
Our solutions have been proven to make a significant impact – Professor Cynthia McDougall of the University of York and Dr Dominic Pearson of the University of Portsmouth carried out an independent research project into Unilink’s Prisoner Self-Service product and found a 4% reduction in reoffending, 12% reduction in staff sickness, reductions in staff resource use and proven disciplinaries hearings, and significant increases in completions of Offending Behaviour Programmes. Unilink won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation in 2016 for the development of outstanding, innovative products that help prisons to become more rehabilitative.
Unilink holds ISO27001:2013 certification, the international standard for Information Security Management Systems, and is Alcumus SafeContractor accredited.
"I've worked in IT for 34 years and, notwithstanding all the unavoidable delays, this is the smoothest project I have worked on. Staff are happy, in-mates are happy, It’s been very successful"
Project Manager, NIPS ICT Services, Department of Justice NI
Unilink founded by Francis Toye
- Unilink developed the Detainee Management System for UKDS
- Biometric Visits Management System first deployed
Offender Management solution developed for UKDS (now Sodexo) prisons
Unilink’s Biometric Visits Management System implemented in all UK High Security prisons
Unilink won the IFSEC award: ‘Most Innovative New Security Product’ for Biometric visits management system
- Unilink developed the First Prisoner Self-Service system in the UK
- CMS self-service implemented at Serco operated prisons and Immigration Centres in the UK, Australia and New Zealand
- Introduction of first, custom built, biometric prisoner self-service kiosk
First Public sector prison deployment of self-service in HMP ISIS
‘Software Innovation Award (Tech UK)’ winner for Prisoner self-service
- First In-Cell installation of Unilink’s prisoner self-service application at HMP Thameside
- ‘Email a Prisoner’ becomes a subsidiary of Unilink Software and ‘secure payment services’ introduced the same year
- All privately operated prisons (Serco, Sodexo and G4S) in the UK, are using Unilink’s Custodial Management Software and Prisoner Self-Service
- Unilink Group was founded
- Unilink Software Australia was formed
- Acante Solutions becomes part of The Unilink Group
- Sir Martin Narey, the first Chief Executive of the National Offender Management Service, was appointed as a non-executive Board Member of Unilink Group
- Unilink opened the first branch office in Melbourne, Australia
- ‘Overall UK Digital Leader’ award winner and ‘Best Citizens Services App’ award winner for “Email a Prisoner”
- Unilink won the ‘Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation’
- First state-wide implementation of Unilink’s centralised CMS and Prisoner Self-Service in South Australia prisons
Unilink’s Prisoner self-service rolled out as part of the UK Digital Prisons program, deployed in the Cloud
- Beaumont Coulson, probation software specialist, becomes part of Unilink Software
- Norwegian Correctional Service awards Unilink the contract for supply of an Integrated Offender Case Management System (U-Case) for prisons and probation
- Northern Ireland Prison Service begins the implementation of Unilink’s Prisoner Self-Service Portal
- Video Visits introduced in all Scottish prisons
- Unilink’s “Justice Cloud” launch and CMS self-service cloud deployment
- Prisoner Self-Service deployed in Norway’s new built Agder prison
- Further Digital Prisons HMPPS
- Visits in the cloud deployment
- Self-service Pilot in Scotland
- CMS modernisation project start
Drag to scroll
Unilink wins two PENNA awards in Patient Experience Network Best Practice National Awards 2021
Unilink's CEO Francis Toye selected as ‘One to Watch in 2020’ Top 50 Most Ambitious Business Leaders LDC
The Unilink Group named finalist for the ‘Santander Growing Business of the Year: Smaller Company (Turnover £10m-£25m)’ Award 2020
Winner of the Innovation Award for Prisoner Self-Service Technology 2018 at CV Magazine's 2018 Corporate Excellence Awards
Winner of the AI 2017 Global Excellence Award in ‘Best for Software’ category
Winner of the International Software & Cloud Services Award 2017 for the ‘Best Specialist Software Provider’ 2017 & ‘Best Custodial Management System’
Winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Innovation 2016
Overall winner of the Digital Leaders 100 awards in 2015
Prison Technology Services, part of the Unilink Group, awarded ‘Best Citizen App’ 2015
Winner of the Best New security product award – IFSEC – for biometric visits
Winner of the UK 2011 Intellect/SSA Award for Innovation
What is important to us
To be the leading global supplier of innovative software solutions for the criminal justice market.
Our mission is to empower governments and businesses around the world to effectively secure their operating environments, intuitively manage their data, become more efficient, and foster a culture of rehabilitation. We do this by providing our clients market-leading, award-winning solutions built within a culture of excellence and innovation.
We have a strong focus on corporate responsibility, and we expect all staff to carry out their duties to the highest ethical standards.
We have an unwavering commitment to integrity.
We commit to building great teams as they make a great company and breed excellence.
We commit to maintaining a culture of innovation.
We commit to building long term and effective partnerships with our clients.
We commit to client-focus ensuring we maintain the highest level of knowledge of our clients’ business and proactively respond to their needs.
Our stance on the treatment of offenders, particularly the incarcerated, should, at all times be humane. Unilink will not work in environments where offenders are treated indecently.
Unilink commits to developing innovative solutions for prisons and probation that assist the process of rehabilitation.
We commit to and understand the importance of making things easy.
We have been carbon neutral since early 2020 and commit to continue.
Our commitments to...
We commit to building long term partnerships with our clients by being honest and straightforward in our dealings. Unilink aims to not only meet but to exceed our client’s expectations, always endeavouring to get things right first time but, if mistakes occur, rectifying the issues speedily. When client requirements change, we will always seek to meet them, and, wherever possible, without additional charge. Unilink will not automatically seek to make additional charges for minor items not in a contract.
We commit to providing all employees a safe, healthy, and welcoming place to work. Our employees are treated with dignity and respect with equal employment opportunities given to all irrespective of their gender, age, race, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. We will not tolerate any form of harassment. Staff are paid competitively, including junior roles which receive salaries above the minimum wage. Employees share in the success of the company through bonus and share incentive schemes.
Payment of taxation is the moral responsibility of any business. Unilink commits to meeting this responsibility, as every business should, and will donate between 2% and 3% of annual net profits to charities in consultation with our staff.
Unilink is committed to maintaining open and fair business dealings, and to selecting sources of supply based on quality, price, services offered, and ethical policies that match our own high standards. We always seek to build long term relationships with suppliers and to ensure that accurate invoices are paid on time.
Unilink’s reputation is built on its performance alone. We compete vigorously, truthfully, and lawfully and commit to never compete unfairly with others.
Health and Safety
Unilink is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all employees at our own locations and while attending client sites.
Working for us...
Are you interested in making a real impact on society, helping people have control of their lives, regain dignity and reintegrate into society? Are you a believer in the power of technology to support digital transformation?
If you want to make a difference, join us!
We can offer a place in a rapidly growing international company that trains you in trending technology, offers you flexible career paths and growth opportunities. We have transparent procedures, a management team that really cares and a great working environment.
Click below to view our current vacancies. We love talking to talented people.